Ruminating On Rumi

As you start to walk out on the way, the way appears.

~ M. Rumi

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Some Words & A Duck


A shifting of seasons.  A not so subtle shifting of temperature.  September began with some days, the sun lower in the horizon, golden and embracing, sensuous hot days becoming semi-sultry evenings and nights. How I savour this change! 

Both a melancholy and strangely at the same time, perhaps from the conditioning of school days and a new school year, a time of fresh beginnings. Odd, it being fall and harvest time. In this shift of seasons there is also a shift of senses. 

Lately, I am keenly aware of the ever present pulse of the universe, the ever present hum of birth and death and life in between. It throbs and thrums in my blood, in my veins and when I let it permeate my brain I can think to understand in words or concepts how trying to “know” could truly drive one insane. This knowing is not wordable. It’s not catchable. Neither can it be quantified or qualified. 

Learning to relax in the palm of this universe into the comfort of not knowing is a life’s journey. 

No comments:

Post a Comment