Ruminating On Rumi

As you start to walk out on the way, the way appears.

~ M. Rumi

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Expecting The Unexpected

The nature of the fall (& yes spring as well) is that I really have the opportunity to experience the changeability of weather not just on a daily level but note change that is tangibly very clearly happening in the moment. I look on my i-phone to see what the "experts" say will happen on the weather front.  I look outside. I see clouds and rain or not. I step outside. I sniff the air for dryness or moisture. I feel the temperature of the air on my skin, perhaps drops of rain touching my skin. I feel the movement of the air in all its dynamics of stillness or not-stillness. Then, just as I decide rain gear is not needed or perhaps is... it changes.  This very curiosity of what to wear or not is the same curiosity I can use to investigate the nature of my own inner landscape, inner weather. Some changes great, grand and fast moving, others more subtle. All beckoning a further query of "and then".

No comments:

Post a Comment