Ruminating On Rumi

As you start to walk out on the way, the way appears.

~ M. Rumi

Thursday, November 10, 2011

This Morning

As I was doing the dishes, I looked up into the big mirror that hangs over the sink. Rarely, do I look at myself in a gentle, non-critical way. It was so sponataneous, a glance up, I caught my eye. There I saw looking back at me someone deeper then just that face that I've known all my life as me defined by my stories. Those eyes were brimming over with compassion and a love so deep that even the word love trivializes it. I realized at the moment that it has taken so many disguises to recognize the "I am".  As my heart broke open, I truly realized that this I am is vast beyond imagination and that all that is is embraced and held as sacred.

I can't write any more. Trying to put this in words is like trying to measure the love of a mother for her child. Infinite.

No comments:

Post a Comment