Ruminating On Rumi

As you start to walk out on the way, the way appears.

~ M. Rumi

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Prosetry ~ Innocence Lost


Well, how fantastic is this!!  Today, I finally managed to open the .lwp extension that’s been preventing me from viewing some older writings. In fact, it was six years ago when I saved these to CD and today they’ve been freed.

So, here is something from the old days, when love’s labours lost and found.
Innocence Lost

Your passion plays my heart like a strand of pearls.
And I let you fondle each one lovingly.
They are my gift, I give to you.
Each one cups the innocence of my youth.
Gently holding it as I embrace your experience.
You whispered sweet nothings in my ears.
And I am swept away by pleasure's passion play.
You wanted me only for the moment.
I wanted you forever and a day.
Here I am, a promised June bride clutching a faded rose in July.
Each petal pouts and falls to the floor,
To join the pearls scattered at my feet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment